5 themes I’m hearing from clients, across industry:
- Talent is definitely moving (I expect this will continue and will pick up as we head into summer and fall). Be sure to shore up your top talent with career paths of progression.
- There is a divide among team members who want to remain on a WFH schedule indefinitely and those who want to be back in the office. Some clients are mandating, others are trying to preserve flexibility, and still others are discerning what activities are crucial for in-person and which are optional. I think we are at the beginning of this experiment and it’s going to take a bit for feedback to come in and for things to shake out. But telling your people that you have to pay for a building and therefore they have to be in it, is likely a way to have a problem with the first item above.
- Business is quite brisk across industry: professional services, tech, banking, manufacturing, construction, etc. Leaders and their teams are facing an even greater uptick in business than expected after coming through a marathon. Paying attention to resilience capacity in leaders and their teams is key right now, and one of the inputs for that capacity is connecting yourself and your team to the impact and meaning of what you’re doing and the difference you’re making.
- Many companies have many open positions and are hustling to fill them. Culture matters – a lot – in why people decide to work where they do. If you’re not doing Stay Interviews, it’s time. They’ll help you drill down on how your culture is really perceived among your top performers. Which will help you hire more of them.
- Succession is also coming to the fore again as stability improves and growth accelerates. Be thinking about your SLT bench and not only if you have the right people on field but what the plays might look like in 12 months and if you’ve got the talent capacity to run them. Growth requires it.
Sarah Levitt is a trusted guide to the c-suite who works with CEOs, senior executives slated for promotion at leading organizations, and senior leadership teams. She is the founder of the Magnificent Leadership® Executive Forum Community, a rich learning ecosystem for senior executives designed to generate maximal learning and business growth. Sarah is the author of the book Magnificent Leadership, creator of The Making Magnificence Project®, and consults and speaks to a broad range of clients, including Harvard Kennedy School of Government, BASF Corporation, Ultimate Software, and American Bankers Association. She is also a coach in the elite Executive MBA program at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School.
Conferences and Events:
On June 24 + 25 The Legacy on Purpose℠ Private Conference convenes from 9:30am-12:30pm ET.
To register, email me directly:firstname.lastname@example.org If you are bringing 4 or more people from your organization, there is a 10% discount. 3 seats remain.
Go here for the list of what you can expect at this Private Conference. The virtual room is filling quickly.
And at $1000 for both days, it’s the most accessible offering I have, you might even say it’s almost free.
On June 14th, the conference price goes up to $1250.
Life is becoming unstuck.
The pause button is being released.
I invite you on June 24 + 25 to decide how you want to hit play.
CEO and Senior Executive Coaching Offerings:
Accelerated Elevation℠ Executive Coaching Program
Slingshot your success in that first, critical year. Are you moving into an elevated leadership role or have you just landed in one and are drinking from a fire hose? There are 6 domains that are integral to your success. Shorten your learning curve and increase the speed at which you succeed. My clients get promoted, increase their comp, lead larger initiatives, gain greater influence, improve their presence and visibility, and have giant wins. Faster. To inquire about how we can partner or to request my paper on successfully leading in a new, elevated leadership role, email me directly: email@example.com
The Magnificent Leadership® Ascension Program
Concierge. Highly customized. This offering is designed specifically for bold leaders who want to create a lasting imprint of meaningful contribution and are poised to invest in themselves and the future. Comprehensive and confidential. Strategic and wholistic, personal and professional. If you want your work and life to bear the signature of your talent, dedication, passion, and determination to make a positive difference in the world, let’s explore working together. For CEOs and senior leaders. Fees begin at $12,500/month or 150K annually with a 10% discount. I’m only taking 2 more new clients into this program for all of 2021. Email me directly to schedule a mutually exploratory conversation: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Magnificent Leadership® Executive Forum
What’s it like to have a trusted community of select peers and real-time coaching access to me as you emerge into the new world? The Executive Forum is a vibrant learning ecosystem for senior executives, where members let down their guards, have real conversations, and get real answers. Behind closed doors. It’s designed to generate maximal learning and business growth. It’s also where exceptional leaders like Brad Wilson, CEO Emeritus of BCBS of NC, and Glen Tullman, entrepreneur extraordinaire, drop by for intimate conversations on business growth and leadership. Members are saying it’s unlike any other senior executive peer group they’ve attended. To schedule a brief application interview conversation with me directly, email me: email@example.com 2021 is a year for flourishing. Surround yourself with others who are. Annual Membership is 15K. What are you waiting for?