Leadership without strategy is like a captain without a compass.
It imperils the entire ship.
What’s needed for your strategic leadership of the organization, division, business unit, or team?
11 suggestions taken from my work with clients:
- Identifying your top (usually 5) strategic priorities
- Building a personalized resilience toolkit
- Combatting executive imposter syndrome
- Building thought leadership in your industry
- Carving out strategic thinking time and adhering to it
- Avoiding the Quicksand Effect and continually being pulled into the daily
- Building and leading a Self-Correcting Team℠
- Having a stellar deputy (formal or informal) on whom you can rely
- Using Controlled Delegation to offload work and/or roles that no longer belong with you
- Knowing your key leadership strengths and how to amplify them to the benefit of all
- Harnessing your curiosity to continually learn, get even better, and optimize your leadership