Is steady, I was telling a client today.
Every week, taking action to stay in front of your clients/customers or their influencers.
(Which means you need to calendar it.)
Not foot down to the floor because of neglect, nor foot off because of delivery.
What kinds of action? A few items from the menu:
- Check in with former clients with a quick text, call, article sent
- Pursue speaking opportunities at premier conferences where your people are
- Debrief work as it comes to completion and provide sincere recommendations for what yet needs to be done with the customer’s best interest in mind
- Ask for intros to other, similar fabulous clients/customers from those whom you already serve
- Write articles in publications that your people read
- Extend invitations to events that a current or former client/customer might find of value
- Make connections for those in your network who should know one another, be helpful
Show up to relationship build with consistent generosity and a genuine desire to serve and be of support.
It won’t fail you.
Or your customer/client.