With business emergence and growth – more robust than some clients anticipated, sometimes significantly so – I’m working in 6 key areas right now:
- Bench and Succession. With emergence from our dark winter, and business picking up at a substantial pace, I’m seeing an increased need – and a critical one – for reevaluating bench strength. Succession powers growth. Not assessing and evaluating your human capacity right now will haunt you.
- Identifying those leaders who will be moving into key elevated roles and providing them with the development and support they need to drive the results they’re responsible for. Organizations are investing in their top performers who are leading key growth initiatives.
- Re-visiting and re-aligning on strategy. Goals, metrics, right people/right roles, client satisfaction. So important to get everyone back on the same page. And to re-evaluate what success looks like going forward. In many cases, it’s bigger than originally thought.
- Process and efficiency identification. There were gains made last year, albeit under duress, in efficiency and innovation. We’re working to preserve the gains in efficiency and harvest the processes that forged superb innovation.
- I wrote last week about how talent is going to start moving more dramatically as things continue to open up. We’re working to get out in front, ensure market competitiveness, and bring on top talent. (By the way, if you missed that post, it might be worth a look. It’s longer than usual, but many emailed to say how valuable the content is.)
- Many leaders and their teams are fried. Despite the optimism around the boom, many senior leaders are pretty crispy. We’re working to build resilience in their teams and in them.
Let me know if I can be of support to you, and we’ll set up a time to talk: firstname.lastname@example.org
The boom is here, and it’s only going to get bigger as we roll through Q2 and into summer.
The time to be proactive is now.